GCH Hotel Group
The GCH Hotel Group is one of the leading hotel management companies in Europe, operating more than 120 hotels in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Great Britain, Spain and Cyprus. Its success is based on strong strategic partnerships, highly qualified personnel and long-term experience. Many hotels within the portfolio of the management company are marketed under brands of renowned franchise companies, such as Accor Hotels, IHG, Carlson Rezidor, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts and Best Western.
Being a leader in Europe’s hotel industry, a strong digital presence was very important to GCH Hotel Group. Maintaining a successful digital presence required the proper solutions where management of the IT system is seamless.
The main objective of the project was the development of a new outstanding digital experience platform where all 120 hotel sites could be managed in a single-source and where a new design and booking system could be implemented in a highly efficient way.
- Consolidated management of 120 microsites
- User-friendly and multi-device compatible UX and UI
- New design consistent throughout the whole IT eco-system
- Efficient booking and payment system
Using Pimcore, Creating-web, a digital agency based in Munich, Germany developed and implemented an entirely new and improved digital system for GCH Hotel Group.
- New templates developed according to brand standards of big hotel groups worldwide, implemented in overall 120 different webpages, with different domains and several languages.
- Integrated all microsites into one system, so the objects can be used in more than one template to minimize the content management
- Developed interfaces for hotel evaluation systems, newsletters, payment options, and different booking options.
- Centralized administration area for hotel staff with different access-right capabilities.
The new websites were very effective and lead to increased traffic and bookings. Users were able to learn about the hotels and then could easily book and pay for their reservations. Because of the voucher tool, the website became more attractive for customers and their loyalty increased. The new websites were significantly easier to manage and could be easily updated as needed – all in one place. The website administrators were able to save time that could be used to focus on more strategic initiatives. All of these points lead to cost savings, enhanced customer satisfaction, and ultimately increased revenue for GCH Hotel Group.